First Presbyterian Church of Beacon is looking for a flexible, part-time Church Musician.
49 Sundays per year plus Christmas Eve (three unpaid Sundays off, to be negotiated with Pastor)
Compensation: $10,000 per year (50 services / $200 per service)
Directing bell choir, which rehearses weekly and performs occasionally (July & Aug off): additional $1,000
- Work closely with the Pastor and Worship & Discipleship Team to select and play appropriate music for components for a blended (traditional/contemporary) style of worship
- Accompany hymns and other congregational singing as selected by the Pastor
- Direct and accompany choir
- Coordinate music leadership when not present
- Accompanying weddings and funerals for an additional fee
- Christian commitment
- Comfortable with organ and piano (other instruments a plus)
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong communication skills
- Creativity and flexibility
- Desire/ability to involve members in the music of the church, lifting up their unique gifts
- Openness to diverse musical expressions (traditional, contemporary, global, etc.)
Must be available on Sunday mornings and be available for weekly coordination with the pastor.
Send letter of interest with attached resume to the First Presbyterian Church office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can be directed to: (845) 831-5322.
Comments are closed for this news post