Old photo of the Car Barns facing Main Street with two Fishkill Electric Railway trolleys parked in front. The barns were located off Main Street, just east of South Chestnut Street
...Trolley Barns on Main Street for 38 Years
The Fishkill Electric Railway Company, which had operated electric streetcars in Beacon from 1892 to 1930, announced on April 30, 1931 that it was no longer interested in leasing the car barns on Main Street that once housed the company's trolley cars. Fishkill Electric had run its last trolley car a year (1930) earlier in April and at that time had switched over to a fleet of ten buses (including five new Mack buses) to transport its customers around Beacon and to Fishkill. The buses now were to be housed in Joseph O'Grady's garage on South Street. Central Hudson Gas and Electric Corporation, owner of the car barns, no longer had use for the old Main Street building and would demolish the building in 1932.
via the Beacon Historical Society April 2009 newsletter