CONNECT

Beacon Citizen Network (BCN): a place for neighbors to get the word out, be heard and stay informed in all matters concerning Beacon, NY.

SPONSORS

Photobucket

An Amber Alert have been issued. My stomach is in knots thinking about this lil boy missing since yesterday. I pray he is found soon.

**Edited to say that I was incorrect. NO AMBER ALERT has been or will be issues. Any ideas why?

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet...

Views: 106

Replies to This Discussion

hopefully an estranged parent. not that its good an estranged parent would take a child, but the alternative thought: that some total stranger went into a house and took a kid, is a far worse thought
except sadly, both of the back of his hands have burn scars. I can't stop thinking how burns would happen only on the back of hands.
I just watched Nancy Grace and the mother actually let reporters into her pig sty of an apartment, defended the man accused of burning this boys hands a few years ago and said he went to jail for abusing his own child only because he hurt the child performing the heimlich maneuver. He is in jail tonight and she should be too. Instead, she looks all drugged up standing in the street at 9pm giving interviews. What a crock of crap!
I do not believe a 4 year old just wanders off alone never to be seen by anyone again. Something happened and I pray someone talks, and soon. Until I pray this baby is safe and warm and well fed tonight.
Sadly, the dad is in Newburgh stating that the mothers boyfriend has hurt his son before and has probably hurt him again. The Dad is not suspect.

Ben Royce said:
hopefully an estranged parent. not that its good an estranged parent would take a child, but the alternative thought: that some total stranger went into a house and took a kid, is a far worse thought
I watched the news last night and the more I learned the more sorry I felt for this poor little boy. Woke up thinking about that child. Couldn't he have been in Head Start or another Day Care program where he would've been safe - at least part of the time?
When the mom was on Nancy Grace, she was asked WHY he was not in school that day. The mom replied "He had a stomachache."

barbara capalbo said:
I watched the news last night and the more I learned the more sorry I felt for this poor little boy. Woke up thinking about that child. Couldn't he have been in Head Start or another Day Care program where he would've been safe - at least part of the time?
I thought the same thing Millie, that no one saw him at all?!?!?!? I know if I saw a child alone on a street, I would stop, watch him and try to find his family. Even strangers would have helped get him home. The story just doesn't make sense. How terrible a life this boy must have experienced so far. Burn Marks?? How terrible.
Seriously. Why did that mom leave him alone with that boyfriend who'd already been in prison for hurting another child?! Someone has to have seen something too but no one is speaking up! Unless ... he was with this boyfriend at his mom's house right and then ? OMG, just heartbreaking. I can't help judging the mom, considering. Aren't they tearing about the places now with warrants looking for forensic info? I hope the boy did walk out the door and someone loving took the boy - it's the holidays! How sick is all this?! That boyfriend must've been through some terrible abuse himself (if what the press is saying is true) to hurt an innocent child. I was thinking too bad there wasn't something he was involved in... Don't people who hurt others lash out because they've got low self esteem or are frustrated - not that that is any excuse. This time of year is tough for so many people and it's so sad that a defenseless child might have had to bear the brunt of this.... I pray for him that he was taken by a loving family or person like you hear about from time to time (even if that is wrong - at least he's safe and alive somewhere happy maybe?

Pam W said:
I thought the same thing Millie, that no one saw him at all?!?!?!? I know if I saw a child alone on a street, I would stop, watch him and try to find his family. Even strangers would have helped get him home. The story just doesn't make sense. How terrible a life this boy must have experienced so far. Burn Marks?? How terrible.
Actually it is less about the death penalty. That is a result. Why do we want it to get to that point. This is a pattern and it doesn't just come from people being "evil". We need to STOP the cycle of abuse! Abuse, begets abuse begets abuse begets abuse. More money towards prisons? NO, we have one of the highest incarceration levels in the World. MORE MONEY TOWARDS PROGRAMS LIKE HEAD START and others that give children a safe haven, confidence and self worth to tell and to break the cycle! Also, having more rehabilitative services in jail vs just churning out criminals who are now even angrier, more messed up and exposed to even worse minds than their own We owe it to our society an it would benefit us all. I am all for someone paying their dues when it comes to an unspeakable crime but to just say "that is why the death penalty should be in effect" is really irresponsible and unfortunately ignoring the actual problem. I am aware it is a sensitive issue and have personal experience myself. But please, get to the SOURCE of cyclical abuse and stomp it out. We need to create places that are caring, safe, nurturing and available to victims of abuse. So many have been under funded and flat out closed over the last decade. It's a shame. Pathetic actually. That poor boy was failed.

Jo Barber said:
The more time that goes by makes me feel like there isn't any hope of finding this little angel alive. I think the mother knows what happened and is also afraid of the boyfriend. If in fact this guy is found guilty without a shadow of a doubt he is a good example of why the death penalty should be in effect.
the death penalty, abortion, gun control, vegetarianism, etc.: these are hot button issues where everyone just starts getting angry with each other and no one benefits. its better not to even bring them up. if this discussion stats veering off into wider philosophical discussions about social policy and criminality we're just going to be screaming at each other in five more posts because we're all distraught over this poor kid. we just can't go there on this forum, its way outside the scope of this website
I FOUND THIS ON LINE TONIGHT TRYING TO FIND AN UPDATE ON MARC.

"I'd like to provide you all with an update on Marc Anthony Bookal.

He is still missing as of this evening (12/23/09). It's a very bad situation for the family. He has three siblings who are having trouble with all of this. His mother, Christina, is also taking it quite badly. I was with her last evening to discuss her family's needs. She's far to upset to continue working which has posed significant hardship on the family. She is a very sweet girl who has worked for the same nursing home for the past ten years. She is a hard worker and is extremely well liked by staff and patients alike. Her friends at work are presently taking shifts staying with her. As many may not know, the hardest time for the parent is when they go to bed.

My foundation (The Carlie's Crusade Foundation, Inc.) has posted a significant reward for information leading to the return or recovery of little Marc. While some rewards will only pay for the safe return we will pay even if he's deceased. We want to get every one looking in every vacant building, nook and cranny. The area that must be canvased is large and the police don't have the manpower. We want Ms. Bookal to at least have her little boy back so that the healing process may begin and to provide further forensic evidence to police.

We spent the past few days meeting with businesses, stores and restaurants throughout the Newburgh area in an effort to raise money for food, rent, Christmas presents and to cover other expenses since she cannot work. The effort has been very successful as we have raised about $1,700 over the past two days... just beating the streets for donations. Please refer to the following articles for information on our reward and efforts:

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...230339/-1/NEWS

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...9982/-1/NEWS14

At the Carlie's Crusade Foundation, our mission is to prevent child abduction through education, knowledge and training. Our staff consists of martial arts instructors, personal protection instructors, AWSDA certified rape defense instructors, computer forensic examiners, police officers and former sex-crime prosecutors. We provide instruction to kids, teens, parents and school officials through physical education programs and general demonstration assemblies in the areas of computer crime. To date we have provided "hands-on" training to over 38,000 kids in lower New York State.

Anyone can contribute to the family through our website at www.CarliesCrusade.org. Our foundation is a not-for-profit corporation under section 501(c)(3) of the federal tax code and is registered with the NYS Attorney General's Charities Bureau. All donations are tax deductable. We accept checks and credit cards through PayPal. You may direct your contribution to be added to the reward or to be used to assist the family with rent, food, clothing, Christmas presents for the siblings and other expenses. To speak with someone at The Carlie's Crusade Foundation please feel free to contact us toll free at (800) 496-6720 or (845) 236-4984.

Help us bring Marc home. Thanks for your consideration. God bless you all and Merry Christmas."

Robert Clydesdale, Board Member
The Carlie's Crusade Foundation, Inc.
(845) 568-7588
Reward offers total $26,000 in Bookal search

By Doyle Murphy Posted: December 23, 2009 - 5:17 PM
CITY OF NEWBURGH — New York State Crime Stoppers has offered a cash reward in the Marc Bookal case.

Marc is the 4-year-old Newburgh boy missing since Dec. 14. Crime Stoppers has offered as much as $2,500 for information that leads to solving the case and/or finding Marc.

The organization is the latest in a series of donors to put up money in hopes of finding the little boy. Together, they've offered $26,000 for his safe return and as much as $6,000 for his recovery under any circumstances.

Related Stories
More reward money as search for boy continues Family fights blue Christmas Reward acknowledges possibility of grim outcome Reward for missing boy rises Reward for missing boy rises to $16,000 $10,000 reward in Newburgh's missing-boy case Newburgh police will provide update on search for young boy Donor offers $10,000 reward for information about missing Newburgh boy Newburgh police want boyfriend of missing boy's mother to take polygraph test Newburgh police want mother's boyfriend in missing boy case to take a polygraph test Police 'following every lead we can get' on missing boy Police say press conference is off Police resume search for missing boy, 4, in Newburgh Search continues for missing 4-year-old Missing boy's grandparents pray he is found soon

City police with help from law enforcement agencies throughout the region have searched for Marc on foot, with dogs, from boats, with divers and from a state police helicopter since his disappearance. The search has expanded each day through the southern half of the city and into the Hudson River.

Marc was in the care of his mother's boyfriend, 30-year-old Cory Byrd, the day he went missing. Byrd told police the little boy slipped out the door and disappeared. Police soon arrested Byrd on a charge of reckless endangerment for allowing Marc to wander away. Byrd has said nothing else, refusing police requests to answer more questions and take a polygraph test.

To report any information about Marc's whereabouts, call City of Newburgh police at 561-3131 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-313-TIPS.

barbara capalbo said:
I FOUND THIS ON LINE TONIGHT TRYING TO FIND AN UPDATE ON MARC.

"I'd like to provide you all with an update on Marc Anthony Bookal.

He is still missing as of this evening (12/23/09). It's a very bad situation for the family. He has three siblings who are having trouble with all of this. His mother, Christina, is also taking it quite badly. I was with her last evening to discuss her family's needs. She's far to upset to continue working which has posed significant hardship on the family. She is a very sweet girl who has worked for the same nursing home for the past ten years. She is a hard worker and is extremely well liked by staff and patients alike. Her friends at work are presently taking shifts staying with her. As many may not know, the hardest time for the parent is when they go to bed.

My foundation (The Carlie's Crusade Foundation, Inc.) has posted a significant reward for information leading to the return or recovery of little Marc. While some rewards will only pay for the safe return we will pay even if he's deceased. We want to get every one looking in every vacant building, nook and cranny. The area that must be canvased is large and the police don't have the manpower. We want Ms. Bookal to at least have her little boy back so that the healing process may begin and to provide further forensic evidence to police.

We spent the past few days meeting with businesses, stores and restaurants throughout the Newburgh area in an effort to raise money for food, rent, Christmas presents and to cover other expenses since she cannot work. The effort has been very successful as we have raised about $1,700 over the past two days... just beating the streets for donations. Please refer to the following articles for information on our reward and efforts:

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...230339/-1/NEWS

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...9982/-1/NEWS14

At the Carlie's Crusade Foundation, our mission is to prevent child abduction through education, knowledge and training. Our staff consists of martial arts instructors, personal protection instructors, AWSDA certified rape defense instructors, computer forensic examiners, police officers and former sex-crime prosecutors. We provide instruction to kids, teens, parents and school officials through physical education programs and general demonstration assemblies in the areas of computer crime. To date we have provided "hands-on" training to over 38,000 kids in lower New York State.

Anyone can contribute to the family through our website at www.CarliesCrusade.org. Our foundation is a not-for-profit corporation under section 501(c)(3) of the federal tax code and is registered with the NYS Attorney General's Charities Bureau. All donations are tax deductable. We accept checks and credit cards through PayPal. You may direct your contribution to be added to the reward or to be used to assist the family with rent, food, clothing, Christmas presents for the siblings and other expenses. To speak with someone at The Carlie's Crusade Foundation please feel free to contact us toll free at (800) 496-6720 or (845) 236-4984.

Help us bring Marc home. Thanks for your consideration. God bless you all and Merry Christmas."

Robert Clydesdale, Board Member
The Carlie's Crusade Foundation, Inc.
(845) 568-7588

RSS

© 2019   Created by Kelly Kingman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service