CONNECT

Beacon Citizen Network (BCN): a place for neighbors to get the word out, be heard and stay informed in all matters concerning Beacon, NY.

SPONSORS

Photobucket

Last night my family as well as numerous in the neighborhood had our vehicals broken into.  For us the loss was a GPS (A nice and easy to use one) and a power converter. My neighbor across the street, a GPS. The neighbor on the other side a small purse with money in it and on and on. The whole place was effected.  We are on a busy open corner, Washington and Falconer.  The street is busy even at 2:45 am on a Saturday night/Sunday morning which is when this happened.  How do I know that?  Wel,l we have security cameras and yes we caught them on video which the police now have.  We see the two young men in the front of my Volvo going through things and stashing my electronics in to back packs. This was un-nerved me.  They came into my property and sat in my car and went through my things.  I was upset of course and when I drove to the gym later this morning I was angry.  Then I came home.  My husband then showed me footage that would change my feelings.  After a couple minutes the video cameras come back on.  Then you see a larger man in baggy long shorts, ball cap and sneakers come around from the side of the garage, along side of the car and then he comes up to my house to try THE DOOR!  He looks right up into the camera and he is wearing some sort of a face covering to mask his identity!  He then backs away from the door and goes to check out the side of the house.  This tells me he planned on breaking into the house.  The house that my family was sleeping in! I was madder then I have ever been before and yes I was frightened.  I am frightened. This is the safety of my family now and not just a GPS.

This is how people get hurt.  If we had surprised him or he us, what could have happened?  What about my eldrly neighbors?  What about the single women on my block.  

Someone said to me today, "Well, the economy is rough so you have to expect this kind of thing".  To that I say NO.  These are thieves. They are the bad guys.  They are lazy and sneaking and dirty and low life. We have to watch out for our fellow Beaconites.  Watch your neighbor's house and property and they should watch yours.  Tonight will be a rough night sleeping... 

Views: 2527

Replies to This Discussion

The chief of police got back to me today with this message:  "Please be assured that the Beacon Police Dept will use every resource available to bring the offenders to justice. Our patrol and detective divisions are following up on every possible lead. After the last wave of vehicle larcenies several subjects were arrested in a stolen vehicle and numerous items of stolen property were recovered. You can also be assured that I have reinforced to my staff, the paramount importance of protecting the property and safety of the citizens of Beacon. if you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me."

These are some of the still shots from the camera. I am not sure how to upload the actual videos and I will have to ask my hubby to show me.  See the MASK on his face (Cloth)?  This man was up to no good. Anyone recognize him?

Also, in response to an earlier reply, motion lights do not appear to be much of a deterrent, since we have them and our car still got broken into.  I think the best thing we can do is just be diligent about looking out for one another in our neighborhood.  If something doesn't seem right, call the police.  And file a report even if what was stolen is minor.

Renee and others,

Please, please be careful about  personal information you are providing in this forum. While I think it is critical to share information about break ins with your neighbors and the police, you are also providing a great deal of fodder for retribution and/or other crimes by the same criminals who haunt your neighborhoods. I suggest that addresses, street and/or cross street information, and family member details be excluded to protect yourselves. Having worked with troubled teens and young adults, I am aware of the varying degrees of finesse, intelligence, anger, desperation, street and jail smarts etc that many petty criminals develop. I urge you to be cautious with your personal information/details while regretting that we all must sometimes have to watch our backs as we watch each others'.

I am not a resident of Beacon and have recently begun following Beacon citizen as I consider relocating to the area - with regrets and serious reservations now, I may reconsider. I rarely intrude but felt the confidentiality issue is important. I wish you good luck and a quick and permanent resolution to the problems you have had.

I believe this may be the famous C Vesuvius troll.

just lookin' said:

Renee and others,

Please, please be careful about  personal information you are providing in this forum. While I think it is critical to share information about break ins with your neighbors and the police, you are also providing a great deal of fodder for retribution and/or other crimes by the same criminals who haunt your neighborhoods. I suggest that addresses, street and/or cross street information, and family member details be excluded to protect yourselves. Having worked with troubled teens and young adults, I am aware of the varying degrees of finesse, intelligence, anger, desperation, street and jail smarts etc that many petty criminals develop. I urge you to be cautious with your personal information/details while regretting that we all must sometimes have to watch our backs as we watch each others'.

I am not a resident of Beacon and have recently begun following Beacon citizen as I consider relocating to the area - with regrets and serious reservations now, I may reconsider. I rarely intrude but felt the confidentiality issue is important. I wish you good luck and a quick and permanent resolution to the problems you have had.

Beacon is pretty safe. Some people think this is the country and leave their doors, cars unlocked--It still isn't their fault. We finally got a crime list in the paper so it might appear that we are suddenly not safe.

Shame we can't get a camera on the Newburgh bridge to to snap a picture of every person who steps off the walkway.

Why?

Ben Royce said:

I believe this may be the famous C Vesuvius troll.

just lookin' said:

Renee and others,

From the PoJo today: 2 Held in Beacon Break-in

"City police recovered numerous stolen items including GPS devices and cellphones after a man and woman were caught entering a parked car on Spring Street, authorities said."

We were robbed last week. They stole a large tv, a wii and some cash. 

I'm so sorry, Wendy.  How did they get in?

Wendy Sharon Gross Alexander said:

We were robbed last week. They stole a large tv, a wii and some cash. 

Anybody notice that the police blotter has been getting smaller and smaller, less and less. Is crime decreasing?

RSS

© 2017   Created by Kelly Kingman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service