CONNECT

Beacon Citizen Network (BCN): a place for neighbors to get the word out, be heard and stay informed in all matters concerning Beacon, NY.

SPONSORS

Photobucket

Some people didn't get this via the direct message to BCN group members so...

Alas, the promised update -- a brief and stylistically uninspired one on this last, tired breath of the weekend...

Just 2 weeks after we set up the desks and connected the wifi, we have 9 official members with at least several more signing before month's ends.

A couple things for some extra buzz...

OPEN HIVE
This week is an Open Hive (clever, huh?!) for members. No matter how many days you have to use, you're welcome to work at the space anytime a full-time member is around. And that also goes for anyone who signs up this week.

I want you to move from theory to practice and feel out the space.

I'll plan to be there everyday this week from 10-ish to 6-ish. You can call BEAHIVE at 845-765-1890 to make sure someone is there. Or call me at 917-449-6356 to arrange a time.

OPEN HIVE - PUBLIC
One day during the following week — the last week of May — we'll do an Open Hive for the public, for anyone who wants to check out the space.

FOUNDING MEMBERS PORTRAITS
If you came to the launch meeting a few weeks ago you heard photographer and 400 Square gallery lord Rob Penner generously offer to do photo portraits of all Founding Members, pro bono.

We'll choose a couple different times to do them at BEAHIVE and then schedule individual times for those who can't make it. I'll send out a meeting request soon.

LAUNCH PARTY
It's about time to launch this thing to the wider world (at least that in the local area). Anyone interested in helping plan something for maybe early- to mid-June, let me know.

THANKS
Many folks have helped BEAHIVE start buzzing, but I need to give some quick special shout-outs to a few:

Gary Perez (for cleaning desks and chairs and helping troubleshoot networking printing issues); Shelly Prokop (for the coffee table and message board); Venessa Meimis (for the hand and the truck); Shawn Trail (ditto); Paul David O’Hanlon (for help getting the chairs); Steven Blumenthal (for his persistent pro bono work on the logo — still in process); Sue Walsh (for helping clean desks and loaning her TV to check the cable service).

Hope to see some of you this week — and the rest, soon.

scott.

Tags: update

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Pretty much decided on June 20 for the launch party. It's 3rd Saturday/BEEP, Andrea's 10-year anniversary in the US (that month), and our 3-yr anniversary (that day).
I remain in joining, and can produce a wee video with original music for YouTube.
Nice, John ("Chuck"). Stop by sometime and let's chat.

Chuck Pompeii said:
I remain in joining, and can produce a wee video with original music for YouTube.
Scott Tillitt said:
Pretty much decided on June 20 for the launch party. It's 3rd Saturday/BEEP, Andrea's 10-year anniversary in the US (that month), and our 3-yr anniversary (that day).
Hi All, I would love to help with the launch party. Hope everyone has a glorious weekend. Mara

RSS

© 2020   Created by Kelly Kingman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service