CONNECT

Beacon Citizen Network (BCN): a place for neighbors to get the word out, be heard and stay informed in all matters concerning Beacon, NY.

SPONSORS

Photobucket

During the last couple weeks I enjoyed both, the cheapest and most expensive beers I've had in a while:

First up, Simple Times Pilsner.... $3.99 per sixpack.  Crisp, refreshing... best thing I've had in a can since PorkSlap.  I found this at the Trader Joe's in Mamaroneck, NY, and yes, NY TJ's have just begun selling beer.

On a recent trip to Dia Beverage, [9D just south of the stadium], I picked up a bottle of Captian Lawrence, Captains Reserve Imperial India Pale Ale.  $5.99 for 16.9oz's of pure bliss.  A lot of hops, but really well balanced.. and wonderfully complex flavors. Yum!

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Paul - the next time you're at Trader Joe's see if they have Mission St Pale Ale. It's brewed by Firestone Walker and it's their 'pale 31' recipe, straight, without the oak fermentation. I think it's the only way you can currently get Firestone Walker beer on the East Coast, though I just read they will begin distribution here in 2011.

Cheers!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Kelly Kingman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service