CONNECT

Beacon Citizen Network (BCN): a place for neighbors to get the word out, be heard and stay informed in all matters concerning Beacon, NY.

SPONSORS

Photobucket

Just today myself and a friend ordered take-out from Sukothai. I ordered the Beef Pad Siew. She is a strict vegetarian and ordered Tofu Grapow and Vegetarian Spring Rolls. Her daughter, also a vegetarian asked if we could order her some fried rice. When my friend called to place they order she was told "We don't have orders of fried rice". I found this puzzling as they serve chicken and shrimp fried rice according to their menu. Being a chef myself, I wondered what exactly could be so difficult about preparing the dish sans meat. My friend asked the young lady on the phone again if there was any way this could be done. The girl replied "No. We don't serve plain fried rice". After she hung up my friend proceeded to call Thai Palace in Fishkill and place an order for plain fried rice for her daughter. They said it was "No problem at all". Then after we got home from picking up the food from both places I set the table and started to unpack the food. My friend was very much looking forward to the spring rolls and said we should start with them. I was getting us some drinks when I heard her say "These spring rolls are all yours". I asked her why and she showed me that there was ground chicken in them! I have no problem at all with the food there as it is quite good but I WILL NOT BEING GOING BACK EVER AGAIN! They hire incompetent people who cannot get an order made correctly and destroy someone's religious beliefs. I hope the owner reads this and takes immediate action against the moronic young lady who was rude and not willing to accommodate a customer.

Views: 213

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Though I have made it a policy to not get involved in many of these forums, I am letting that policy take a backseat. Attila, I do appreciate your need to express your opinion- that is what makes us special and beautiful. I also appreciate everyone else's spirited responses. I just have to say from a very personal and real space, that though these forums seem to be well removed from reality, existing in cyber space, please remember that there is someone else's livelihood, family and lives we are discussing. I own the yoga studio, and am always a breath away from losing my business. It is so much a part of my heart that it would be a crushing blow to both myself and my family if it was to go under. We are all made from the same things, and all have needs and dreams and thoughts....we all make choices, both some would say good, and bad. Life is a journey and a learning process, and we are all here to help each other along that path- to grow. Please just ask yourself before you speak, if your choice of words are helping someone along their path. That is all you would ask from others as well. Opinions are VERY important, the way we word them can be hurtful- even if it is not the intention.
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama
Also, please continue to support the local businesses in Beacon. I can not stress to you how important it is to the people who own the business. I never knew until I owned a business how important each and every person who walks through the door truly is.
Peace and Light-
Well said.
I posted about Sukkothai months ago about being really disappointed in it and the borderline quasi thai food and just like your post, people got really defensive about it even though the truth is Sukkothai is really not a good place to eat Thai food or any food at all. I totally support Beacon small business but I have some standards. The Fishkill place is so much better. I also question the health risks of Sukkothai based on a few things I noticed when I was there and at the Thai grocery store next to it.

If Thai Palace was in Beacon instead of Fishkill I think it would really help bring in businnes to our town. I have even tried to think of any way I could help bring a good Thai restaurant to Beacon. I don't think you're being vindictive in any way...just honest.

Thank you for your post.
I agree with Hero about "the borderline quasi thai food" and "If Thai Palace was in Beacon instead of Fishkill I think it would really help bring in businnes to our town. I have even tried to think of any way I could help bring a good Thai restaurant to Beacon. I don't think you're being vindictive in any way...just honest."

As person who grew up in South East Asia, I am very picky about spicy Asian food and how they supposed to tasted. I don't really care to "Americanize" Ethnic Food and "Thai Palace" is very Authentic. Too bad it is not in Beacon.
"They hire incompetent people who ..destroy someone's religious beliefs?"
Please elaborate how this was accomplished.
Are someone's religious beliefs so easily destroyed?

by the way, you can close this discussion by going to your page, under Admin Options and choose "close discussion" or "delete discussion"
The Horror!
She doesnt eat meat and now has to deal with the karmic consequences of eating some. I try to respect it just as some lame-@$$ Christian would want me to respect their beliefs. As for closing this thread, I am quite enjoying all the ignorance that the people of Beacon are writing. It entertains me in an otherwise boring world.

Randall Martin said:
Are someone's religious beliefs so easily destroyed?

by the way, you can close this discussion by going to your page, under Admin Options and choose "close discussion" or "delete discussion"
your original post stated that she identified the food as having meat in it, then she must have chosen to eat it anyway. sounds like her religious beliefs are a little lax.

Attila Szendrodi said:
She doesnt eat meat and now has to deal with the karmic consequences of eating some. I try to respect it just as some lame-@$$ Christian would want me to respect their beliefs. As for closing this thread, I am quite enjoying all the ignorance that the people of Beacon are writing. It entertains me in an otherwise boring world.
Randall Martin said:
Are someone's religious beliefs so easily destroyed? by the way, you can close this discussion by going to your page, under Admin Options and choose "close discussion" or "delete discussion"
Personally, they are not my cup of tea either. But, if you don't call back and ask to speak to the manager and give them a chance to rectify the situation, posting here is unfair. Calling everyone ignorant is kinda stupid right? I hope you show some smarts and close or delete it too.

Perhaps you never had to deal with the public while trying to make a living. Monitoring every employee every second is impossible and if you think the people here are ignorant, I say try dealing with them and much worse on a daily basis. Hey, your communication skills could be lacking too? Or is it always everyone else who is stupid. Think about it.

This town has very few decent places to eat, esp after 9PM. We need to support them even if we don't intend to eat there again. I have watched many places come and go. Wait till winter and you can't drive to Fishkill. You will beg to be able to eat something besides pizza. Or maybe that will be your karma?
I see that this thread has taken all different directions. My 2 cents is probably superfluous, but here it is. I am a vegetarian, the type of my own arbitrary choosing that is partly moral/spiritual, and partly just borne of the yuk-factor of eating meat. I have learned never to assume that I will get what I can eat even when specifying vegetarian. A lot of places will use chicken broth and assume it's vegetarian because there is no beef in it. In this case, with the fried rice, you probably should have believed her--maybe they boil it all in a vat of chicken broth. I am on the fence about the all the drama here of "destroying religious beliefs" and "destroying small town businesses." But it's a world and a workplace where a lot of incompetence exists. Not to mention mediocrity. You live in it at your own risk.
After she bit into and ate it, yes.

Andy Brown said:
your original post stated that she identified the food as having meat in it, then she must have chosen to eat it anyway. sounds like her religious beliefs are a little lax.

Attila Szendrodi said:
Randall Martin said:
Are someone's religious beliefs so easily destroyed? by the way, you can close this discussion by going to your page, under Admin Options and choose "close discussion" or "delete discussion"
I would just go to Kennedys. It is the best fried chicken I have ever ate.

Birdy said:
Personally, they are not my cup of tea either. But, if you don't call back and ask to speak to the manager and give them a chance to rectify the situation, posting here is unfair. Calling everyone ignorant is kinda stupid right? I hope you show some smarts and close or delete it too.

Perhaps you never had to deal with the public while trying to make a living. Monitoring every employee every second is impossible and if you think the people here are ignorant, I say try dealing with them and much worse on a daily basis. Hey, your communication skills could be lacking too? Or is it always everyone else who is stupid. Think about it.

This town has very few decent places to eat, esp after 9PM. We need to support them even if we don't intend to eat there again. I have watched many places come and go. Wait till winter and you can't drive to Fishkill. You will beg to be able to eat something besides pizza. Or maybe that will be your karma?

RSS

© 2020   Created by Kelly Kingman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service