CONNECT

Beacon Citizen Network (BCN): a place for neighbors to get the word out, be heard and stay informed in all matters concerning Beacon, NY.

SPONSORS

Photobucket

Hello all!

I have been offered and accepted an editorial internship with BUST magazine beginning April 1, 2016 and need to relocate to the NYC area. Having visited Beacon a few times in the past and subsequently falling in love with it instantly (while also having two dear friends live there - Gina Samardge and Andy Rinehart), Beacon is my first choice for a new home.

I am looking for a roommate/housemate situation with someone who is relatively quiet and appreciates a balance of social time vs. privacy. This can be a temporary situation that will give me time to find a more permanent living solution also.

A little about me:

I am a 35 year old freelance writer, self-taught seamstress, and voracious reader who has spent her adult years working in bookstores, cafes, and more bookstores. Currently, I am employed as a baker (both vegan and conventional) at a vegan/vegetarian cafe outside of Cleveland, Ohio. I spent the last two years traveling with a traditional tent circus through the South toward Chicago and up through New England. I am married, however, my husband is continuing to travel with shows while I intern in New York. If you know Gina and/or Andy, they can give you a glowing recommendation for me! I am a homebody, preferring to spend my evenings reading, writing, spending time on my computer, cooking/baking, or watching a movie. I love to garden and would be more than happy to assist you with your weeding.

You can respond to me on here, email me at clara.sayre@gmail.com, or message me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/clara.sayre

Thank you and hope we become neighbors soon!

Tags: apartment, housemate, moving, new, resident, roommate, search

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A little late in replying, but welcome, Clara! We're also friends (and near-ish neighbors) with Gina and Andy and are fellow chicken-keepers and gardeners (their gardening skills are legendary!). Hope you're settling into Beacon and enjoying the spring!

Matt (and Emily)

http://nerdswithknives.com

Thank you Matt! I actually had to postpone my move (again...grr) to this August/September. The magazine has been gracious with the change and I am once again looking for a place to live. Looking forward to meeting you both!

Clara

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Kelly Kingman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service