CONNECT

Beacon Citizen Network (BCN): a place for neighbors to get the word out, be heard and stay informed in all matters concerning Beacon, NY.

SPONSORS

Photobucket

I GOT THIS E MAILED FROM JOHN HALL BY E MAIL

Dear Friends,

I’ve just added two new events to my Health Care Listening Tour.

My listening tour has taken me to every corner of the Hudson
Valley. I’ve heard from business owners both small and large,
seniors and students, patients and doctors, nurses, farmers, and
nearly everyone in between. But I wanted to make sure there was
another chance to hear from you, so I’ll be hosting two more
Town Hall meetings before returning to Washington next week.
These events are completely free and open to public.

*Health Care Town Hall Events*

*Wednesday, September 2*
7:00-8:30pm
Fox Lane High School
Route 172, just east of I-684, exit 4
Bedford, NY

*Thursday, September 3*
7:00–8:30pm
Orange County Emergency Services Center Auditorium
22 Wells Farm Road
Goshen, NY

Carefully and successfully reforming the heath care system is
one of the most important issues facing our nation, and your
input is essential. I hope you can join me.

Sincerely,
John Hall
Member of Congress

OK SURE RIGHT!

Mr Hall can't be serious about these locations...If he really wanted to have a decent turn out, Mr Hall should have his meetings at a location central to his district. Or better yet at several smaller meetings scattered throughout district 19. These two locations are an extreme hardship for many older folks in his district that are not able to travel or get a ride at this late hour. As well, for the many hundreds of commuting taxpayers a 25 mile one way hike after work is not an option even if they manage to get the OK from the employer to leave early from the job or even a self-employed taxpayer, to cut his work day off.
It seems this is a good way to discourage many from voicing their opinion especially after the fiasco you guys pulled off in Beacon! You should really try hard to make it up to John's constituents.
And lastly why are you sending this message barely 48 hours before your meetings? Really you guys can't be serious.
I am going to post this on my local paper's public opinion section.

Seriously,
The Clary's
Beacon

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Send him an email or a letter with your comments above; call his offices & ask. Let the office know how you feel. Not sure whether they read Beacon Citizen -- though it's obvious to you and me they should! It's also obvious that you want others to know how you feel.

The Amercian Cancer Society sponsored an event in Fishkill a couple of weeks ago and the NAACP hosted an event last week at St. John's in Beacon that the Congressman's office turned into a public event.

There were events in Dover and Orange County, too.

If you need a ride to one of these events, I can put you in touch with someone.
Vane Lashua

[ John Hall Email ]
Washington D.C. Office, 1217 Longworth House Office Bldg, Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-5441 Fax: (202) 225-3289
Goshen Office, Orange County Govt. Center, 255 Main St., Room 3232G, Goshen, NY 10924
Phone: (845) 291-4100 Fax: (845) 291-4164
Carmel Office, Putnam County Govt. Center, 40 Gleneida Avenue, 3rd Floor, Carmel, New York 10512
Phone: (845) 225-3641 x49371 Fax: (845) 228-1480
ya we sent this to him also
I second this. I have called his office and invited Congressman Hall to events and always get some kind of response.
Sometimes I find the Goshen office to work best.

I have also seen events posted and held over his/the district so I don't think he is trying to avoid certain people.

What is the "fiasco" in Beacon btw?

Vane Lashua said:
Send him an email or a letter with your comments above; call his offices & ask. Let the office know how you feel. Not sure whether they read Beacon Citizen -- though it's obvious to you and me they should! It's also obvious that you want others to know how you feel.

The Amercian Cancer Society sponsored an event in Fishkill a couple of weeks ago and the NAACP hosted an event last week at St. John's in Beacon that the Congressman's office turned into a public event.

There were events in Dover and Orange County, too.

If you need a ride to one of these events, I can put you in touch with someone.
Vane Lashua

[ John Hall Email ]
Washington D.C. Office, 1217 Longworth House Office Bldg, Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-5441 Fax: (202) 225-3289
Goshen Office, Orange County Govt. Center, 255 Main St., Room 3232G, Goshen, NY 10924
Phone: (845) 291-4100 Fax: (845) 291-4164
Carmel Office, Putnam County Govt. Center, 40 Gleneida Avenue, 3rd Floor, Carmel, New York 10512
Phone: (845) 225-3641 x49371 Fax: (845) 228-1480
Ray, if I read the Congressman's site correctly, it appears he had a healthcare event at St. John's in Beacon on August 20th. Click here and scroll down.
I just heard that the NAACP had a closed meeting but Hall had it as a open meeting on his web site. So people showed up and the cops were called for the crowd that was not allowed in. So with that amount of people still outside and the cops present Hall desisted to let them in. I guess that was the big deal.
Where'd you hear that?

Everyone who came was allowed to enter. The police were a calming influence ... and they also counted the attendees so the fire code would not be violated. It was reported in the PoJo and other papers.
Vane

RAY CLARY said:
I just heard that the NAACP had a closed meeting but Hall had it as a open meeting on his web site. So people showed up and the cops were called for the crowd that was not allowed in. So with that amount of people still outside and the cops present Hall desisted to let them in. I guess that was the big deal.
FROM PEOPLE THAT ATTENDED

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Kelly Kingman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service