CONNECT

Beacon Citizen Network (BCN): a place for neighbors to get the word out, be heard and stay informed in all matters concerning Beacon, NY.

SPONSORS

Photobucket

All who are interested in working with us to get a dog park in Beacon, please respond with name and email, We've had some discussion with Mayor Gold and he is interested. Help will range from fund raising to planning. thanks, Libby Faison, Beacon Barkery, 192 Main St., Beacon 440-7652

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@the-naysayers-and-curmudgeons: a great way to keep a dog quiet is to give them opportunities to exercise and socialize. (this works really well, incidentally, with kids, too, hence the practice of letting school children run around during recess.) a dog park provides a relatively low-cost and safe environment for dogs to engage in activities that, when performed regularly, ultimately reduce the amount of barking in your neighborhood. when i was raising my puppy, the maxim "a tired dog is a good dog" rang painfully true and led to daily multi-hour workouts and walks with the little monster. we availed ourselves of the fishkill dog park until the desire to reduce our car use and newly imposed restrictive use-policies at the park forced us away. i agree that there are many other pressing issues facing the mayor's office and city council, but low-hanging fruit like a dog park, which merely needs rubber-stamping, should be a no-brainer. one love, y'all.
Well said, Ken....

ken said:
@the-naysayers-and-curmudgeons: a great way to keep a dog quiet is to give them opportunities to exercise and socialize. (this works really well, incidentally, with kids, too, hence the practice of letting school children run around during recess.) a dog park provides a relatively low-cost and safe environment for dogs to engage in activities that, when performed regularly, ultimately reduce the amount of barking in your neighborhood. when i was raising my puppy, the maxim "a tired dog is a good dog" rang painfully true and led to daily multi-hour workouts and walks with the little monster. we availed ourselves of the fishkill dog park until the desire to reduce our car use and newly imposed restrictive use-policies at the park forced us away. i agree that there are many other pressing issues facing the mayor's office and city council, but low-hanging fruit like a dog park, which merely needs rubber-stamping, should be a no-brainer. one love, y'all.
Word.

Sonia Roy said:
Well said, Ken....

ken said:
Hi Libby a dog park in Beacon sounds like a good idea. It probably should be centrally located somewhere in Beacon. Feasibility and logistics will have to be well thought out. I'm interested. Jim Eve, Evejl751@verizon.net.
I'm just going to throw out a suggestion (perhaps someone already has...I didn't read the entire thread). In many city parks, there are leash laws: Dogs are allowed off before 9am and after 9pm. Why can't we do something like that at Riverside Park or Long Dock? No need for a separate location or fencing. Just my 2 cents.
Hi Libby,
Count me in with the three corgis!
Amy Roman
amy.roman@ymail.com
I have found an elderly female dog wandering through my yard, back by Old Town Road earlier this (Saturday) afternoon.
She was dirty, wet, hungry and scared, yet very sweet. She was seen by my neighbor wandering around the day before, so she probably was out lost since before Friday's storm. She has a collar with her name and phone# number, (first 3 numbers indicate cold spring area) but no one has called us back of yet. She seems to have an injured back leg, or arthritis not sure. We have dried her off, filled her belly, brushed her out, and now she is resting quietly in a fluffy dog bed. If she is yours, please get in touch (917-592-3955). If not, no worries we have no problem keeping her until someone claims her or if no one claims her. (Also posted this on News Page)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Kelly Kingman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service