CONNECT

Beacon Citizen Network (BCN): a place for neighbors to get the word out, be heard and stay informed in all matters concerning Beacon, NY.

SPONSORS

Photobucket

Beacon couple arrested for allegedly starving dog

THIS WAS FROM THE PO JO AND JUST WANTED TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL WHAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT THIS
\
THANKS IN ADVANCE

October 9, 2009

* What’s this?

HYDE PARK — Animal cruelty charges have been leveled agains a Beacon couple for allegedly starving their dog.

About two weeks ago, Humane Law Enforcement officers from the Dutchess County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals found a 2-year-old boxer mix named Mercedes living under a porch, tangled up in her leash.
Advertisement
Quantcast

Police said the dog was significantly underweight.

The couple gave up the dog to the DCSPCA.

In the two weeks the dog has been in the shelter, she gained over 12 pounds.

On Wednesday, the man and the woman were each charged with cruelty to animals, a misdemeanor.

The shelter used the two weeks prior to bringing charges against the couple to determine whether there were any underlying medical causes for being underweight.

The Poughkeepsie Journal does not typical name those charged with misdemeanors.

Views: 62

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't understand why they don't post their names? I can understand when people are under age, but not animal cruelty. Of course, I believe it shouldn't be a misdemeanor either.
These folks deserve the same fate as their dog.
I wonder who called it in...good for them.
DO YOU ALL THINK WE WILL EVER KNOW WHO THEY ARE

I AM GLAD THE DOG IS OK NOW
http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/2009/October09/10/Landry_Edwards_...

Pair charged with starving their dog

HYDE PARK – Officials from the Dutchess County SPCA have charged a Beacon couple with animal cruelty for starving their dog.

When Humane Law Enforcement Officers Jami Landry and Cathy Edwards arrived they found Mercedes, a two-year-old Boxer mix tangled up in her leash near a pile of rubble. She was living under a porch and was significantly underweight.

The couple, Melinda Hammond and Robert Gilleo, has since relinquished the dog to the Dutchess SPCA. Mercedes gained over 12 pounds in the two weeks since she has been in the custody of the DCSPCA.
I agree, all it takes is for one person to come forward and call the proper authorities. Whomever made the call saved this dog's life. It's hard to fathom mistreating man's best friend. Anybody up for a Beacon Chapter of "Rescue Ink"?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Kelly Kingman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service