CONNECT

Beacon Citizen Network (BCN): a place for neighbors to get the word out, be heard and stay informed in all matters concerning Beacon, NY.

SPONSORS

Photobucket

On March 1st, a snowy Sunday afternoon, Lady came running to 

greet me with purrs and rubs. At this spot she met her caretaker every day for a meal. She'd usually show up with her two brothers, Sir and Jester.

This family has been homeless in Beacon for about 4 years. They traveled the two or so blocks they knew, stopping at people's homes looking for shelter, food and compassion to take them in.

I'm told they lived inside of a house with their family until it was foreclosed and their family moved - leaving them behind. Then they often spent nights and miserable days under the same house.

What does one do when their home is taken from them, and shelters are already overburdened? What is the alternative? 

It may be our urge to place blame on the family who left them, but the reality is these loving and incredibly friendly cats lived for years on the city streets in plain sight.

There are homeless cats all over our communities, and rescues need help, helping them. I've taken these three into my home as part of rescue efforts throughout Southern Dutchess County.

Now I need HELP from community members to place them into loving, responsible homes. While these three are here, I am unable to focus on trap/neuter/return which is ultimately a major part of the answer to the overpopulation crisis we are experiencing.

Lady, Sir and Jester are spayed/neutered, they have been treated for worms and fleas. They will be brought up to date on their rabies and distemper shots. We all love kittens, however, adult cats are desperately in need of us to look beyond our preferences and help them live safely and with love.

We can do better for our community cats! Please contact me via phone: 845-489-2378, or via FaceBook

Tags: HELP, Stray, animal, cat, homeless, rescue, shelter

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awww we have basically had to adopt the little boy we found cause  even after posters no one has called. Your story breaks my heart. They are all beautiful. I will ask my sister about taking the cats but she has two dogs. Harmless but still dogs. All the best.

Kim

Thank you so much Kim. I appreciate spreading the word. I don't know how they would be with dogs. I will ask the woman who fed them. She has a little dog. 

It is heartbreaking, and totally avoidable. 

Kimberly Gelvin-Wilks said:

Awww we have basically had to adopt the little boy we found cause  even after posters no one has called. Your story breaks my heart. They are all beautiful. I will ask my sister about taking the cats but she has two dogs. Harmless but still dogs. All the best.

Kim

Hi Ann just call me at home. 838 2438. And I will help to try to find homes for all of these kitties. Keep me posted. 

TY! I just left a message with my cell # - 845-489-2378.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Kelly Kingman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service