Time: August 22, 2015 from 9am to 4pm
Location: Beacon Glades disc golf course at University Settlement Camp
Street: Route 9D, just south of Mt. Beacon park
Event Type: putting, tournament, (frisbees, or, discs)
Organized By: Steve Knowles
Latest Activity: Aug 20, 2015
- Nothing but putts on the beautiful Beacon Glades disc golf course! All 18-holes will be played, along with the two practice baskets. All those birdie putts you may have had in the past (or perhaps par putts) will be waiting for you!
- The tournament is open to players of all skill levels, even Frisbee throwers who have never played disc golf! Two divisions will be used; beginner and experienced. This is a great way to check out the Beacon Glades course!
- A morning round will be played, followed by a 90-minute lunch break. A second, afternoon round will then be played.
- Various putts will be marked around the course, from ~20 feet away, up to ~75 feet away (mostly in the 30’ to 40’ range). Some holes will have two marks with putts toward the holes from both sides of the “fairway” (left-handers and right-handers will experience the same shots, with both marks being used by all players). Some putts will involve obstacles such as trees. Uphill and downhill putts will be used. You will experience the entire putting spectrum!
- Two shots from each marker will be made, with the marker representing the position of a “marker disc”; throws must be made with one foot behind the marker. (except on hole #10, where the “penalty drop area” will be used)
- Two points awarded for each made basket and one point for hitting any part of the basket (“metal”). A score of four points is possible from each marker position. With 22 holes in play, and two rounds, the maximum score will be 176 points.
- Players with the highest two round score totals will qualify for cash awards. (~1/3 of players within each division)
The tournament is open to everyone! Even if you last threw a Frisbee twenty years ago, you are welcome to join! (bring at least two discs/Frisbees) Entry fee is just $6, with $1 being used to fund the Beacon Glades Disc Golf course; the rest of the entry fee is used for the cash awards. The tournament is limited to 90 players. Please send an email with your name to email@example.com to reserve a spot (please type “Putting Tournament” in subject line). Entry fees will be collected on site prior to the start of the tournament, from 9:00-9:30 am. Play will begin at ~10am. So come out on Saturday, 22 August, to join the pandemonium!